New: Nordie Weather Blog. Check it out.
Since Nordic skiing is such a weather-dependent sport, here are some weather resources I use, being a weather nerd.
- The National Weather Service has several offices which cover the northeast. Each publishes a variety of products of note to skiers, particularly a detailed (nerdy!) forecast discussion, snowfall reports and radar. You can click on a map or enter a city or ZIP code to get 7-day forecasts.
- Taunton (Boston) office (Eastern MA, RI, parts of CT and NH) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Gray (Portland) office (Most of NH, southern/western Maine) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar. Note that the Gray Maine NWS office is located right next to Pineland Farms
- Caribou office (Most of NH, southern/western Maine) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Burlington office (Most of VT and the Adirondacks) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Albany office (Eastern NY, Western New England) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Binghamton office (South-central NY, North-central PA) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Buffalo office (Lake effect snow belts in NY from the PA border past Watertown) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- NYC office (Tri-state area) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Philadelphia office (Eastern PA, Southern NJ) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- State College office (Central PA) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Pittsburgh office (Western PA, Eastern OH) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Cleveland office (Northern Ohio) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Baltimore/Washington (MD, VA) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- Charleston office (West Virginia) Homepage, Forecast Discussion, Snowfall reports, Radar
- NOAA also puts out model data for the US.
- Model readout data from the GFS is availble for 16 days for most airports (use ICAO codes)
- NOAA's new HRRR model has some great data for pinpointing snow amounts.
- The European model, the ECMWF, is available out to 144 hours on Wundermap. Lots of good parameters including 3-hour snowfall! (A couple of parameters are available to 240 hours here)
- The Canadian model has 240 hours of data available here
- Iowa State (Chris Karstens is a weather god) has a great app which displays model data for various sites; it's great data. (Here is, for example, Berlin, NH)
- My favorite regional radar is from Intellicast. Hartford covers the whole of the northeast with the exception of Northern Maine, which is covered by Caribou.
- The Single Chair Weather Blog from a Mad River Glen gravity skier and weather fanatic
- The Northeast River Forecast Center has great snowdepth maps.
- Wunderground's Wundermap is a great resource for local weather stations (important for small-scale and elevation-based changes
- Earl Warren's site has some great resources; of particular note to skiers would be the Radar Site Snowfall maps halfway down the second grouping of links.
- The AMC has reports from their backcountry facilities every morning
- The Mount Washington Observatory has a plethora of information including north country forecasts.
|Kimball Union||Plainfield, N.H.||Good||2019-11-30||Hi there
Tired of Waiting FOREVER to earn a profit online?
NEW Web-App Allows You To Legally Hijack Traffic And Authority From Wikipedia AND YouTube To Earn Affiliate Commissions In 24 Hours Or Less - in ANY Niche!
No Previous Skills Or Experience Required. You can literally be a COMPLETE Newbie and Get RESULTS with just 5 minutes of actual “work”..
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, CONTACT US ==> firstname.lastname@example.org
|Split Cedar Trails||Van Buren, Maine||Poor||2019-10-06||Hello
NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT, WE HAVE - so do not hesitate to ask even if it is not listed below !!
I provide the following mentioned services.
* ADWORDS $100 coupon
* BING $100 coupon - now you can use two bing ads coupons per account.
* AWS Amazon $150 coupons
* Digital ocean $50 coupon
* WINDOWS keys lifetime license -version 7,8 and 10
* OFFICE 365 lifetime access
* OFFICE 2016 AND 2019 Product Keys
* NETFLIX Accounts with 6 months validity
* ADWORDS Verified account with $500 credits + VPS
* BING verified account with $100 credits + VPS
* AMAZON AWS RDP/VPS Free Tier accounts
* Google CLOUD accounts with $300 credits.
* Lynda.com Accounts
* DOMINOS & PIZZA HUT PIZZAS available(for USA) only
* AZURE Accounts with $200 credits
* ADSENSE Accounts with domain and Website
* Quality NICHE Websites/Blogs
* CPA Accounts Approval of any company
* PAYPAL verified accounts with NO 21 days hold
* ANY OTHER SERVICE you are looking for
All this below I have NEW & AGED Accounts, minimum order: 100 acounts
* Google Voice Accounts
* Gmail Email Accounts
* Yahoo Email Accounts
* Hotmail Email Accounts
* Outlook Email Accounts
* Gmx.com Email Accounts
* AOL Email Accounts
* EDU Email Accounts
* Facebook Accounts
* LinkedIn Accounts
* Twitter Accounts
* Instagram Accounts
* Reddit Accounts
* Pinterest accounts
If you are interested in the following services, please let me know here: email@example.com
|Jackson XC||Jackson, N.H.||Excellent||2019-10-05||Would you be interested in submitting a guest post on georgemartjr.com or possibly allowing us to submit a post to skitrailreport.com ? Maybe you know by now that links are essential
to building a brand online? If you are interested in submitting a post and obtaining a link to skitrailreport.com , let me know and we will get it published in a speedy manner to our blog.
Hope to hear from you soon
|Caribou Country Club||Caribou, Maine||Good||2019-09-08||Hello there, My name is Aly and I would like to know if you would have any interest to have your website here at skitrailreport.com promoted as a resource on our blog alychidesign.com ?
We are updating our do-follow broken link resources to include current and up to date resources for our readers. If you may be interested in being included as a resource on our blog, please let me know.
Thanks, Aly||Aly Chiman|
|Three Stallion Inn||Randolph, Vermont||Call in sick||2019-07-13||Hello
YOU NEED QUALITY ORGANIC TRAFFIC THAT BUY FROM YOU ??
100% Safe Organic Traffic from search engines in any country for skitrailreport.com
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
CONTACT US => firstname.lastname@example.org
|NEOC Trails||Millinocket, Maine||Excellent||18||2019-03-27||Excellent conditions - lots of snow on the ground, trails flat and wide with track set in places, Pic from today||Liz|
|Dublin School Trails||Dublin, N.H.||Call in sick||15||2019-03-12||Skiing is great and trails are empty and free! We have had three good storms since hosting the Eastern Cup.||Brad|
|Caribou Bog||Orono, Maine||Excellent||2019-03-08||Idyllic. ||Susan|
|Caribou Bog||Orono, Maine||Excellent||2019-03-08||Idyllic. ||Susan|
|NEOC Trails||Millinocket, Maine||Call in sick||2019-03-08||Conditions are excellent, groomed wide for skate and track set - about 20km groomed||Liz|
|Caribou Bog||Orono, Maine||Excellent||2019-03-07||Skied the bog with the fireflies. Beautiful crisp night with perfect tracks throughout bog to old railroad bed and back to Forest Ave. Excellent skiing! Thank you groomers!||smc|
|View all trail reports|